Monday, October 23, 2006

More New Music

Phish!!!

They're an amazing band! The songs sound simple and plain and remind you of Dave Matthews Band (should be the other way round actually, since Phish came first). Their lyrics are witty and a lot of fun to listen to, even the sad ones.

Marijuana, the government wants to test me when I pee,
Marijuana, the gift of God to my brothers and me


:)

Lynyrd Skynyrd!!

Wow! I heard a whole album (The Edge of Forever, one of their later ones) and it was really good! Classic rock rules, whatever you guys might say about death metal :P

Tool!!!!

Another amazing band! I was originally told by the recommender that only a few songs are good. I still have to get to listen to 10000 days that Sridhar talked about, but I did hear Aenima (I don't know how to join A and E, so excuse the error :P) and was blown away. Schism and Parabol and Parabola are what I'd heard before and of course, those are God songs!!

The drummer (Dany Carey?) rocks!

5 comments:

Audiophile said...

pritam man, i thought u was dead!
its nice to see that u got into Tool. i suggest that u listen to their albums in the order of release (Aenema, Lateralus and 10,000 days to actually see the progression in the band's sound) ofcourse opiate, undertow and saliva are all equally brilliant. they aren't entirely studio albums though. check out the cover of No Quarter. its awesome

Pritam said...

I got 10000 days from the public library here...I've heard the first two songs so far and :O :O :O...this drummer thinks in a different scheme of time :)

They're good man!

db freak said...

danny carey man .. put in simple words .. he's jus GOD

Pritam said...

yup :)

Anshu Anand said...

Danny is //GOD //