Thursday, August 24, 2006

Primushead!

Thats a new term I invented! Tommy the Cat and Antipop were the only Primus songs I knew. That was until I heard Jerry the Race Car Driver, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver and DMV. Turned out to be some of the heaviest stuff I ever heard. And now, I'm a Primushead. This has to be the funkiest stuff ever played. I'm also listening to a lot of Les' side projects like Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, Oysterhead and the stuff he did with Buckethead. Primus toured with RHCP in the early late 80s. Those gigs must have been explosive. Interestingly, I'm listening to a lot of 3 member bands these days.. like Hendrix, Primus (of course!), Cream (Jack Bruce, the bassist has to get a double thumbs up). I'm also listening to loads of Nine Inch Nails which is quite good to listen to occasionally. I've listened to a few songs from Mastodon's latest Blood Mountain. It hasn't hit the spot yet, but I can't expect anything short of brilliant from these guys. I've downloaded a few albums of Today is the Day, an other crazy band who used to play stoner rock/metal and are now playing grindcore. Fans of Mastodon should take note because Brann Dailor has played with this band on a couple of albums. And ofcourse, Radiohead has been constantly growing on me. I'm addicted to their BBC live concert. Ah, while I'm on the Primus topic, according to me, Wynona's Big Brown Beaver and The Devil went to Georgia have to be some of the best animated videos ever. That'd be a good place for non Primusheads to start off.

PS: why aren't the other contributors writing anything? where the fuck are u all. And I just finished listening to Bladecatcher (on Blood Mountain). Fuck! Its got to be the weirdest Mastodon composition till date. They are sounding like Obscura era Gorguts. Hehe. exaggerations aside, fuck that track is weird!

No comments: